Rachel’s key message is that each of us is here to change the world and that we have to trust and cultivate our gifts.
Rachel’s work, and especially her talks, encourage and engage that part of many people that “always wanted to be an architect”, so that we can find more enjoyment in our lives through interacting with built space, design, and art.
Rachel speaks on:
- Critical Regionalism + Vernacular Design
- Historic + Cultural Preservation
- Marketing + Branding for Designers
- Overcoming Obstacles + Challenging your Limits
- Living your Purpose
For booking enquiries please email her.
Presentations + Lectures
- Community by Design: How Social Media can Drive Engagement for Firms, Projects, and our Communities. AIA New Mexico Annual Convention. September 22, 2017.
- Storytelling for Architects. AIA Santa Fe. June 29, 2017.
- Using National Register Cultural Landscape Methodologies to Preserve Tribal Lands. Co-Presenting with Architect Barbara Felix at the Tribal Lands Conference. Santa Ana Pueblo, NM. March 21, 2017.
- Tiny Houses and Vernacular Design. UNM-Taos Green Technology Program. Taos, NM. December 07, 2016.
- Featured Guest: Wellness by Design . Well Women Life. Santa Fe, NM. November 17, 2016.
- Preserving Historic Trails. Historical Society of New Mexico Annual Conference. Farmington, NM. April 16-17, 2016.
- Tiny House Design and Earthships 2.0. UNM-Taos Green Technology Program. November 10 and 12, 2015 & February 5, 2015.
- Growing Fans and FUNDING: Turning Boring Historic Documents into Engaging Content. Flashes of Inspiration. New Mexico State Historic Preservation Office's Building Creative Communities Conference. Santa Fe, NM. November 5, 2015.
- Hacking the Earthship. Art of Natural Building Faire, Kingston, NM. October 24, 2015.
- From Hacking the Earthship to Architecture for Everybody. Natural Building Colloquium. Kingston, NM. October 20, 2015.
- Santa Fe to Abiquiu Tour + Santa Fe to Taos Tour. Co-Presenting with Archaeologist Mark Henderson at the Three Trails Conference, Santa Fe, NM. September 17-20, 2015.
- WPA Murals in the Taos Historic County Courthouse. Taos Society of Artists' 100 Year Anniversary Celebration. July 15, 2015.
- Taos Architecture through the Taos Society of Artists Tour.
Taos Society of Artists' 100 Year Anniversary Celebration. July 15, 2015.
- The Old Spanish National Historical Trail: Legislative Fact, Archeological, Historical, and Architectural Fiction. Presenting with Archaeologist Mark Henderson at the Archaeology Society of New Mexico Annual Meeting. May 2, 2015.
- Taos Historic Plaza Tour. Public Art and Historic Preservation in New Mexico and Taos. February 7, 2015.
- Taos Historic County Courthouse Rehabilitation. Public Art and Historic Preservation in New Mexico and Taos. February 7, 2015.
- Taos Acequias Rehabilitation Plan . Public Art and Historic Preservation in New Mexico and Taos. February 7, 2015.
- Host: UNM-Taos Sustainability Institute. August 5-9, 2014.
- Featured Guest: CBS Radio’s Women's Media Center Live with Robin Morgan. 2014.
- Taos Pueblo: Evolution of Adobe (Walking Tour). Cal Poly structural and architectural classes. February 22, 2014.
- Featured Guest: Alexander Girard. Colores! New Mexico PBS. Aired, Jan 10, 2014.
- Featured Guest: Home-Made: Earthships. Canada PBS. 2013.
- Epicurus, Photographer. Pecha Kucha Taos. Taos Mesa Brewing. August 11, 2013.
- The Myth of Value: Getting Beyond Ersatz History in Modern Southwest Vernacular Architecture. Southwest / Texas Popular Culture and American Culture Associations conference. Feb 13, 2013.
- Taos' Historic District: Expanding our History Walking tour. UNM-Harwood / Arts & Culture District. September 28, 2012.
- Efficient, Affordable, and Sustainable Shelter Design. SMU-in-Taos / UNM-Taos Fall Lecture Series. Sept 26, 2012.
- New Mexico’s Acequias: The Future of Water in the Land of Enchantment. TEDxAcequiaMadre. November 3, 2012.
- The Chimayo Legacy: A Deep History of Spirit and Culture Threatened by Commercialization. New Mexico Heritage Preservation Alliance. May 3-5, 2012.
- Integrating Landscape into the National Register Nomination of the Old Spanish National Historical Trail. OST Summit, Taos, NM April 23, 2012.
- Building an Eco-community. Thrive Taos. February 9, 2012.
- The Regional Landscape and Vernacular Design. UNM Critical Regionalism Graduate Program Guest Lecturer, Nov 10, 2011.
- Archaeo-Architecture for Better Modern Design. TEDxABQ. Sept 10, 2011.
- The Architectural Pattern Language of Taos. Pecha Kucha Taos, June 2011.
- El Camino Real and the Architecture of Taos. NM Heritage Preservation Month, May 2011.
- Visiting artist lecture. Mesa State College, March 2011
- Using the Archaeological Record to Inform the Design of Sustainable Architecture Today. Archaeological Society of New Mexico. May 2010.
- Mythology and Symbolism at Palladio’s Villa Emo. Master’s Thesis. 1998.
- Bio-Climatic Architecture of Palladio at the Villa Emo. Texas A&M. 1997.
- Palladio in America, Disseminated through French and English Colonial Architecture. Texas A&M. 1998.
- Two Missions: The Spanish Architecture of Texas. American College Schools of Architecture Conference. Sant Antonio, Texas. 1996.