Rachel’s key message is that each of us is here to change the world and that we have to trust and cultivate our gifts.
Rachel’s work, and especially her talks, encourage and engage that part of many people that “always wanted to be an architect”, so that we can find more enjoyment in our lives through interacting with built space, design, and art.
Rachel speaks on:
- Critical Regionalism + Vernacular Design
- Historic + Cultural Preservation
- Marketing + Branding for Designers
- Overcoming Obstacles + Challenging your Limits
- Living your Purpose
For booking enquiries please email her.
TEDx and Pecha Kucha Talks
- Epicurus, Photographer. Pecha Kucha Taos. Taos Mesa Brewing. August 11, 2013.
- New Mexico’s Acequias: The Future of Water in the Land of Enchantment. TEDxAcequiaMadre. November 3, 2012.
- Archaeo-Architecture for Better Modern Design. TEDxABQ. Sept 10, 2011.
- The Architectural Pattern Language of Taos. Pecha Kucha Taos, June 2011.
Business of Architecture
- Demystifying Preservation in the City Different. Co-Presenting with Lisa Roach for Keller Williams Realty. September 21, 2018.
- Community by Design: How Social Media can Drive Engagement for Firms, Projects, and our Communities. AIA New Mexico Annual Convention. September 22, 2017.
- Storytelling for Architects. AIA Santa Fe. June 29, 2017.
- Growing Fans and FUNDING: Turning Boring Historic Documents into Engaging Content. Flashes of Inspiration. New Mexico State Historic Preservation Office's Building Creative Communities Conference. Santa Fe, NM. November 5, 2015.
Travel and Tourism
- Santa Fe to Abiquiu Tour + Santa Fe to Taos Tour. Co-Presenting with Archaeologist Mark Henderson at the Three Trails Conference, Santa Fe, NM. September 17-20, 2015.
- WPA Murals in the Taos Historic County Courthouse. Taos Society of Artists' 100 Year Anniversary Celebration. July 15, 2015.
- Taos Architecture through the Taos Society of Artists Tour. Taos Society of Artists' 100 Year Anniversary Celebration. July 15, 2015.
- Taos Historic Plaza Tour. Public Art and Historic Preservation in New Mexico and Taos. February 7, 2015.
- Taos Pueblo: Evolution of Adobe (Walking Tour). Cal Poly structural and architectural classes. February 22, 2014.
- Taos' Historic District: Expanding our History Walking tour. UNM-Harwood / Arts & Culture District. September 28, 2012.
- The Future Past: Chacoan Influence on Modern Architecture in New Mexico (and The Future of Archaeology). Archaeology Society of New Mexico Annual Conference. May 5, 2018.
- Host: UNM-Taos Sustainability Institute. August 5-9, 2014.
- Rachel Prinz: Hacking the Earthship. UPublic Morning Brew interview. 2015.
- Home Made: Earthship. Canada PBS. CMJ Productions. Chantal Boileau. 2014.
- Tiny Houses and Vernacular Design. UNM-Taos Green Technology Program. Taos, NM. December 07, 2016.
- Tiny House Design and Earthships 2.0. UNM-Taos Green Technology Program. November 10 and 12, 2015 & February 5, 2015.
- Hacking the Earthship. Art of Natural Building Faire, Kingston, NM. October 24, 2015.
- From Hacking the Earthship to Architecture for Everybody. Natural Building Colloquium. Kingston, NM. October 20, 2015.
- Featured Guest: Home-Made: Earthships. Canada PBS. 2013.
- Efficient, Affordable, and Sustainable Shelter Design. SMU-in-Taos / UNM-Taos Fall Lecture Series. Sept 26, 2012.
- Building an Eco-community. Thrive Taos. February 9, 2012.
- The Regional Landscape and Vernacular Design. UNM Critical Regionalism Graduate Program Guest Lecturer, Nov 10, 2011.
- Using the Archaeological Record to Inform the Design of Sustainable Architecture Today. Archaeological Society of New Mexico. May 2010.
- Preservation and Architecture for EveryBody. Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. Santa Fe, NM. October 3, 2018.
- Using National Register Cultural Landscape Methodologies to Preserve Tribal Lands. Co-Presenting with Architect Barbara Felix at the Tribal Lands Conference. Santa Ana Pueblo, NM. March 21, 2017.
- Preserving Historic Trails. Historical Society of New Mexico Annual Conference. Farmington, NM. April 16-17, 2016.
- The Old Spanish National Historical Trail: Legislative Fact, Archeological, Historical, and Architectural Fiction. Presenting with Archaeologist Mark Henderson at the Archaeology Society of New Mexico Annual Meeting. May 2, 2015.
- Taos Historic County Courthouse Rehabilitation. Public Art and Historic Preservation in New Mexico and Taos. February 7, 2015.
- Taos Acequias Rehabilitation Plan . Public Art and Historic Preservation in New Mexico and Taos. February 7, 2015.
- Featured Guest: Alexander Girard. Colores! New Mexico PBS. Aired, Jan 10, 2014.
- The Myth of Value: Getting Beyond Ersatz History in Modern Southwest Vernacular Architecture. Southwest / Texas Popular Culture and American Culture Associations conference. Feb 13, 2013.
- The Chimayo Legacy: A Deep History of Spirit and Culture Threatened by Commercialization. New Mexico Heritage Preservation Alliance. May 3-5, 2012.
- Integrating Landscape into the National Register Nomination of the Old Spanish National Historical Trail. OST Summit, Taos, NM April 23, 2012.
- El Camino Real and the Architecture of Taos. NM Heritage Preservation Month, May 2011.
- Mythology and Symbolism at Palladio’s Villa Emo. Master’s Thesis. 1998.
- Bio-Climatic Architecture of Palladio at the Villa Emo. Texas A&M. 1997.
- Palladio in America, Disseminated through French and English Colonial Architecture. Texas A&M. 1998.
- Two Missions: The Spanish Architecture of Texas. American College Schools of Architecture Conference. Sant Antonio, Texas. 1996.
Life, Courage, & Leadership