Archinia is an architectural cooperative that brings in some of the finest forward thinkers in archaeology, landscape, and design from around the world.
The vision for Archinia was established by founder and architectural designer/historian Rachel Preston Prinz. Rachel is the face of Archinia and manages projects and consultants with the help of an accomplished staff.
Archinia is an architectural and landscape COOPERATIVE. We team with other architects, landscape architects, archaeologists, historians, and technical experts in the fields required for the total sucess of each project. We build relationships with our clients based on integrity and openness and we encourage both clients and consultants to ask for what they need. We work diligently to meet deadlines and budget, within the constraints allowed by client participation. This is to say, success is our utmost goal, but we cannot achieve it alone!
We have loved working with Espy Architecture, Chupadero Archaeological Resources, Alpine Archaeological Consultants, Archaeologist John Roney, Landscape Architect Craig Schreiber at LandArt, and Dan Jones at Beyond Wildflowers.
Our clients become our allies and friends! We maintain long-term relationships with most of them. That's just part of what we believe in - building relationships that MATTER. We aren't all about money, though it helps us do our jobs better. We are about community. See what our clients have to say about working with us at our Testimonials page.
As part of our philosophical approach of "walking our talk," we donate time to community-impacting projects in the communities in which we live and work.
The benefactors of these donations have included:
- 2013 Chimayo Community Masterplanning with the Santa Fe County Government
- 2013 First Unitarian Albuquerque Alexander Girard Mural Project Research and Relocation Plan
- 2012 Taos Ski Valley Paint for Peaks Breast Cancer benefit interior design
- 2011 Taos Mountain Music Festival Backstage Design
- 2011 Old Spanish Trail National Historical Trail Outreach and Education
- 2010 Taos Mountain Music Festival Backstage Design
- 2010 Gourd Sculpture for Taos’ Shared Table Benefit
- 2008 Sipapu Peru Shamanic Cultural Center Consultation
- 2008 CASA Gingerbread House Design Competition
- 2007 Cheyenne Botanic Gardens Garden Labyrinth© design
- 2007 Red Cross Wyoming Building Assessment